Sunday, May 15, 2011

Keeping count,

I do believe I've come to the decision that I'm going to keep a book count this year.

I know I read as much as I can but I've never seen it in numbers and that's something I'd like to explore a little. How many books a year do I read? Is it where I think it should be? I hope I come up with a good baseline because next year I'd like to set a new goal surpassing what I do this year.

I'm going to continue on my normal reading habits and see what I amass.

As of now I've read:

Return To Me by Julia Templeton
Pride and Pleasure by Sylvia Day
Healing the Highlander by Melissa Mayhue
Highlanders Curse by Melissa Mayhue
Alluring Tales I by Various Authors
Alluring Tales II by Various Authors

and then there's the odd short story here and there
books I've started but haven't finished (at least 2 so far but one's the one I'm reading currently)

Now looking at that list makes me say to myself, "Gee I thought I had read more this year......", but I suppose I haven't yet.

Yet. :)

I have a list of authors I've just discovered as some of my favorites are getting more thinned out in publishing new works. Not at all complaining though. I appreciate all the time an author puts in to each piece of work and generally am stalking the bookshelves on a release date of one of their works.

So I'm up to 6 books so far............I hope to improve on that number vastly this year.

What's your total so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment