Sunday, May 29, 2011

Do I have to stop reading to go into the store?

There are several different types of responses initially to a book. The "Ooh ooh ooh can't wait to read it!" book, the "Hmmm this sounds like it can be good book.", and the "Eh do I really want to read this?" book.

Yesterday I received a book in the mail that I had won from a blog. From the blog post and excerpts I was already excited to read it. I knew it fell into the first book response category. As soon as I started reading it I knew I'd found book gold.

We had to run a few errands after we got the mail and I didn't want to wait to start reading so I started while we were in the car. I got interrupted a few times when we had to stop and go into different stores and such. When we arrived home though, I locked down with it and stayed up until 5am this morning reading it. I really did not want to stop even then, but knew I needed beauty sleep. I had already passed the halfway mark so I was deep into the climax. As soon as I woke up this morning the book was in my hands and I was transported back to the movie that plays in my head when I read a good book. I always see the characters and their surroundings as plain as day, like it's a real scene I'm just observing play out.. We had to go do some more things in town today (one of my children has a birthday next weekend, so we were making the birthday rounds) and I grabbed my book and took it with me. I read all the way to the first stop and then asked my husband if I could take it in an continue reading as we shopped. I was completely and utterly enamored with this book. A little over 24 hours later I've finished it and I already feel a void. It's the first in a series and the next book in the series doesn't come out for another 6 months.

I'm sure by now you're probably wondering which book I am referring to in this post. The book was The Guardian by Margaret Mallory and I suggest you go buy it now. No not in a lil bit, NOW. This book will not disappoint you at all. I promise. It's perfectly written and the story is unique and this book is just the beginning of the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment