Friday, September 30, 2011

But big girls don't cry...

............although that wasn't true this morning when I was blubbering like a big ole baby.

And there were big, BIG, tears involved. Of course by then I was in "I can't stop reading now!" mode. At 5:30 a.m. no less. No time for Kleenex. Have. To. Finish. Book.

What book would have me up all night and then in tears? The "What If" Guy by Brooke Moss.


(Image from Goodreads.)

I'm sure I won this book. Just not sure where from. It magically appeared one day in an envelope from the publisher. Now that's not exactly an unusual thing around here, but not being to track down where the book came from in an e-mail is. So for now the book fairy brought it.

The book is about Autumn Cole, a single mother who happens to run into her true love her first week back in her hometown. She has bigger problems than Henry to worry about though. Like how to tackle juggling taking care of her father, her son, and getting a job to help provide for both of them. Having Henry's gray eyes turn to steel in her presence, her son growing away from her, and her father's mysterious illness growing more gravely each day are all things she looked forward too even less than coming home to a town where she grew up the daughter of the town drunk. It's not an easy transition for everyone involved. There are plenty of fences that need mending in this story. And a few hearts too.

I usually don't read a lot of contemporary romance as I like being taken away someone old, or having a paranormal element in my romances. This book though, ranks high on my list of contemporary romances. I did mention I ended up crying right? Yeah, about that. Be a good scout and be prepared with a box of Kleenexes. Anything from chapter 20 on will have you leaking tears left and right. I loved the story and the characters. There were a few times I was yelling at Henry........and then times it was Autumn on the other end of the rant. I was totally engrossed in every sentence of this book. This was another one of those books that when you start it, you're not going to want to put it down until you've read the entire thing. I hope each of you enjoys it just as much as I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment